Since baby boomers, millennials, those born between the early 1980s and early 2000s, are the largest group to emerge and is changing how home buying and design is conducted- along with the results. Millennials have a simpler yet more sophisticated taste. They are educated, keen, and socially conscious. Because these young adults account for a large portion of home buyers, it is important to keep in mind their personality to find the perfect match.
According to Inman The four main aspects to keep in mind when attracting millennial customers are:
- Millennials need social options
- They want to live close to bars, cafes, and shopping. Because they care so much about their social lives, millennials take a strong consideration in these aspects.
- They want to feel cosmopolitan
- Most of these young adults have a limited budget, but want to live a posh lifestyle. They want to be able to walk to their favorite cafes, take the metro down the street, and have a place to park their cars. The comfort of city living as well as the glam life needs to remain in their reach.
- Convenience is a must
- Millennials want to be in the middle of social settings as well as places like doctors offices, pharmacies, and grocery stores. Conveniences are no longer “nice to have,” but are “must-haves.”
- They want what they want because they can have it
- Let’s face it, thanks to technology, they are impatient and want the world at the click of a button. With apps that allow millennials to have access to their favorite meal delivered at anytime, why shouldn’t they expect their new home to have a sun deck on the roof?
Although millennials have a simple taste, it remains more sophisticated. When trying to attract them to your home, try to turn it into a functional, modern oasis with a few technology gadgets to really impress them.
See http://www.inman.com/2016/06/13/4-millennial-buyer-must-haves-and-why-they-want-them/ for some physical attributes millennials are looking for when buying a home.